Friday, October 14, 2011

Pisa

So this week my roommate Jordan and I decided that we wanted to go to Pisa. So on Wednesday we got out of class at noon and we cam home real quick to eat some lunch. Then we hopped onto a train and went off to Pisa just because we could! It is so awesome knowing whenever we are bored we can just go to the train station and buy a ticket to go where ever we feel like it for the afternoon. This is something I am going to miss when I come back to the states! I'll be itching to just get into my car and go somewhere!

Once we got into Pisa there is not a whole lot to see besides the Leaning Tower and the church. We walked from the train station into town, which is a fairly long walk! It took about 20 minutes to get to the tower but it was nice walking through town to see how it was! Once we got to the Leaning Tower we took a bunch of pictures and I of course did the typical tourist pose! We wandered around the entire site then headed back towards the train station and on our way back we stopped to get some gelato! I had the best banana gelato ever!








1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie! Glad you're having a good time -- until at least mid October! You're so metropolitan now and you won't know what to do with yourself in Ohio (except shovel lots of snow, from the sound of it).
    Looking forward to hearing all about your adventures when you return!
    Lisa Bowen

    ReplyDelete