Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Arrivederci Firenze, con amore

Tomorrow is my last day in Florence, Italy, my home away from home. I am going to miss this place with my whole heart. Studying abroad can be the most challenging adventure of someone's life but at the same time it is the most amazing experience. These past four months have be some of the best months of my life. I have been through some of the toughest challenges in my life, and I do not regret any moment of it. If anyone is contemplating studying or living abroad, do not back down. Yes, things will get hard but you would never guess the things you will learn about yourself. Being in a completely different environment with completely different people than usual, you have to rely on yourself and only yourself. You find who you truly are, what people really mean to you, and who will always be there for you no matter the distance between each other. If you put your mind to it you can do anything. This was a dream of mine since being accepted into Kent State University, nothing is impossible and do not let anyone tell you something is. Impossible is potential, it is a dare. You have to be brave in life; life is a journey worth taking. Let it take you where ever you wish it to, no boundaries. Travel the world, do not let anyone stop you. Do not make room for any excuses. These four months will be with me for the rest of my life and I couldn't have been more blessed with the memories and friends that I have made. Florence will always and forever be my second home, a place I will never forget no matter how old I get. Do not live your life in a bubble and not explore outside the box, that is not what life is supposed to be. Be adventurous, do things that you would never dream of. You only have one life to live, make the most of it. It has been one heck of a life changing adventure Italy, I will miss you every moment I am gone. We will meet again one day, I promise. Amore sempre. <3

1 comment:

  1. Amen, Katie...it thrills me to know that you - and all of your friends there - have had the time of your lives. And so glad you are wise enough to see it for the adventure and learning experience it was. Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete